Your Guide to Running Stronger & Faster
All nutrition coaching options listed below are provided by Tanya Jones.
Holistic Nutrition Consulting
A holistic approach sport performance, wellness, and lifestyle. Together we will assess and identify any current nutritional imbalances, and to develop unique nutrition, lifestyle and supplement protocols that can help bring your body back into proper balance, thereby resulting in optimal health and performance.
15 min information phone call – free
CA $375 (~US $304)
In an initial 90 min consult we will review your health goals, medical history, nutrition, symptoms, and current lifestyle. Initial consult can be done in person or via Zoom. One week later you will receive a health plan with action items, a 7-day meal plan with recipes and lifestyle suggestions to achieve your goals and address imbalances. This includes a 45 min follow up phone call to review your plan and address any questions you may have.
Follow Up CA $100 (~US $81)
For any client that has already completed an initial Holistic Nutrition Plan. Each additional follow up consultation is a 45 min phone or Skype call and a follow up email with action items and lifestyle suggestions. We will review your progress and to continue to develop various strategies that best suit your needs to support you to achieve your goals.
7 Day Menu Plan CA $150 (~US $121)
For any client that has already completed an initial Holistic Nutrition Plan and Follow Up call. A PDF of your new menu and recipes will emailed in one week from our call.
Endurance Sport Fueling Strategy
Do you struggle with what to eat when out for a run or ride or what should go into your recovery smoothie?
15 min information phone call – free
CA $150 (~ US $121)
In an initial 60 min consult we will review your sport goals, previous fueling strategies, expected outcomes, and current lifestyle. Initial consult can be done in person or via Zoom. One week later you will receive a specific sport fueling strategy with, pre workout, during activity and recovery strategies including action items, a fuel and hydration strategy and recipes. This also includes a 45 min follow up phone or Zoom call to review your plan and address any questions you may have.
Follow Up CA $85 (~US $69)
For any client that has already completed an initial Endurance Sport Fueling Strategy. Each additional follow up consultation is a 45 min phone or Skype call and a follow up email with action items and new fueling strategies. We will review your progress and to continue to develop various strategies that best suit your needs to support you to achieve your goals.
Genetics accounts for
- 50-60% of athletic performance
- 40-50% of aerobic fitness
- 70% of our metabolism and body weight
- 40% of anxiety and depression risk
- 28% of cardiovascular disease risk
One diet, exercise, lifestyle, and supplement program does not work for everyone. What fits your body best is coded in your DNA.
Our bodies are controlled by a set of genetic instructions known as our genome. Our individual DNA provides codes for everything from eye colour to antibody production; It determines our risk of disease, our reaction to stress, our response to illness and how we respond to food, exercise, and medications.
Knowing your individual genetic coding and how all your specific genes interact with each other is the foundation of your present and future health. While we cannot change our genes, we can optimize our lifestyle to what fits them best. We can also change the strength with which our genes express their effects. This can all be achieved through, diet, exercise, and natural supplements. Decoding your genetic data provides you with a detailed blueprint of how your body works. This data allows me to advise you of your specific reactions to factors such as foods, exercise, supplements, and stress. This allows for the foundation of a highly individualized lifestyle and treatment protocol.
THE REPORT CONTAINS INDIVIDUAL DETAILS ON:
- Metabolism: How often you should eat and how that affects your weight. What control
your metabolism, food cravings and hunger? What is your best diet? Is Intermittent Fasting
right for you?
- Diet: How you respond to and handle dietary carbohydrates, fats, proteins, and dairy, with the exact amount of each macronutrient you need to manage weight, balance blood sugar levels and prevent disease.
- Exercise and Cardiovascular Health: What type of cardiovascular and resistance training is best for you with respect to oxygenation, inflammation, recovery, cardiovascular and metabolic health.
- Stress Response: An in-depth look at the production, transportation, binding, and receptor density of, cortisol, adrenaline, noradrenaline and CRH to determine how you respond to stress, the strength of its effect and the ability to turn off stress pathways once the stressor is resolved.
- Neurotransmitters – An in depth look at the production, transportation and metabolism of serotonin and dopamine and how this affects mood, memory, addictions, learning and sleep.
- Hormones Do you convert your estrogen and testosterone into the active forms at high rates increasing the risk of hormonally related disease, and how quickly do you clear these hormones out.
- Immunity A look at the immune response to determine your risk and how better to manage allergies, infections, auto-immune disorders, and inflammatory disease.
- Inflammation Examines the production of inflammatory mediators that contributes to disease risk and progression, impairs neurotransmitter binding, and stimulates many other genes.
- Detoxification A look at detoxification pathways in the body to help identify, modify, and clear toxins, hormones and medications that otherwise would remain as potential disease instigators.
- Sleep How well do you sleep? Do you transition easily into deep sleep, and are you a night owl? A look at circadian rhythms and the quality of your sleep to reset abhorrent sleep patterns.
- Thyroid. A look at the production and regulation of TSH, conversion of T4 into active T3 to help determine the strength and functioning of the thyroid and guide better treatment protocols.
15 min information phone call – free
Personalized Health Program Genetic Analysis and Review
CA $500 (~US $404)
Using your 23 and Me data, I will generate your personalized genetic analysis report. In an initial 90 min consult we will review your report and discuss your health goals, medical history, nutrition, symptoms, and current lifestyle. Initial consult can be done in person or via Zoom.
Program Design – prices to be determined based on the best protocol to reach your goals.
One week after your review session, you will receive a health plan with action items that we determine appropriate for you. There are nutrition, lifestyle, and strength conditioning options available. This also includes a 45 min follow up phone call to review your plan and address any questions you may have.
Customized training program based on an extensive client questionnaire and interview. Specific goals will be established, continuously monitored and refined as you progress through your training.
- Initial consult in person if possible or by phone/Zoom.
- Program delivered in 1 week intervals via Training Peaks with custom swim, bike and run program design.
- Changes can be implemented for the next weeks plan.
- Weekly scheduled communication by phone, Zoom or email.
- Unlimited communication; response within 24 – 48 hours.
Individual one-on-one swim, bike, run and strength sessions are also available for an additional charge. Please contact me to discuss options.
Minimum 3 month enrollment is required, month to month thereafter.
*Changes within the 1 week blocks are not generally included but we can discuss how to change the plan to fit your schedule if needed.
*More extensive program changes, detailed conversations and discussions on relevant topics can be arranged for additional fees.
SPRINT * OLYMPIC * HALF IRONMAN * IRONMAN
CA $225 (~US $182) per month
INDIVIDUAL SWIM, BIKE, RUN, STRENGTH COACHING
Online coaching CA $100 (~US $81) per month
In person coaching session CA $85 (~US $69)