This has got to be one of the fastest (pescatarian) Eat 2 Run meals of them all! Well, once the rice is cooked that is. Literally, when the rice has 15 minutes left, start sautéing the veggies and whisk together the sauce. It’ll all be ready to eat 15 minutes later – you’re in and out of the kitchen in a flash. Super tasty and full of the anti-inflammatory turmeric spice to boot!!
- 1 cup brown or wild rice blend, cooked to package directions
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 5 ounces baby spinach
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp garlic
- ½ tsp ginger
- Dash hot chili peppers
- Dash fresh ground black pepper
- 3 tins of water packed albacore tuna, drained
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- Put rice on to cook.
- In a large fry pan, heat the oil; sauté the onion and red pepper (about 5 minutes). Add spinach; sauté until wilted.
- While the veggies are sautéing, whisk the spices together in a small bowl with the coconut milk.
- Add the sauce to the sautéed veggies, then stir in the tuna and nutritional yeast, and mix until heated through.
- Serve over rice.
To deliciously healthy food and stronger faster running… Cheers,
Sarah J Cuff, RHN