We know we’re supposed to eat more leafy greens… They are, after all, THE most nutrient-dense foods available to us. But who says you can’t drink them?!
Green smoothies are a fantastic way to get a large dose of the dark leafy greens so full of vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients. The practice of a daily green smoothie will help to boost your immune system, energize you and nourish you.
Makes 3 x 16oz servings.
- 2 cups filtered water
- 1 container of baby spinach (5 oz)
- 1 bunch romaine lettuce (or hearts) (5 oz)
- 1-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and diced (optional)
- 1 cup fresh or frozen pineapple
- 1-2 cups frozen mango or 1-2 fresh mangos
- 6-8 ice cubes (if not using frozen fruit)
- Pour the water into a high-powered blender, and add the spinach. Blend on medium until spinach is mixed down into the water.
- Add the romaine lettuce and ginger and mix on high for one minute.
- Add the pineapple and the mango, (and ice cubes if you’re not using frozen fruit). Mix on high for one minute or until completely smooth.
- Enjoy immediately or pour into 3 to-go containers (mason jars work great).
- Store covered green smoothie in the fridge for up to 3 days and freeze the rest (transfer to fridge 24 hours before you want to consume).
Eat clean, run strong, be well… Cheers,
Sarah J Cuff, RHN