Happy Pancake Day! Seriously, it’s pancake day – or Shrove Tuesday / the first day of lent, celebrated in some countries by eating pancakes – yes Easter is almost here (if you count 6 weeks away as almost here) and I already missed Valentines Day so lets just eat pancakes! I celebrated with these savoury zucchini pancakes. Don’t get me wrong, I love the typical sweeter pancakes – but having already had enough carbs after my morning run, I knew I was going to have to get creative if I was going to have pancakes on this ‘pancake day’.
Makes 1 serving (3 pancakes).
- 1 Tbsp virgin coconut oil
- 2 fre-range eggs
- 1 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 Tbsp coconut flour (or 2 Tbsp other flour)
- ½ tsp dried parsley
- ½ tsp dried basil
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- ¼ tsp garlic powder (or 1 diced garlic clove) optional
- dash sea salt
- dash fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- Heat a skillet with the 1 Tbsp virgin coconut oil.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs together. Add the nutritional yeast, coconut flour, dried basil and parsley, turmeric, optional garlic powder diced clove, and the dash each of salt and pepper.
- Shred 2 tiny zucchini or 1 med-small zucchini to get 1 cup shredded zucchini. Put the shredded zucchini in a paper towel and squeeze out excess moisture.
- Add the zucchini to the egg/spice mix. Mix well.
- Drop by ~1/4 cup portions onto the heated skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes per side.
- Serve with salsa and optional grass-fed butter and/or avocado.
Eat clean, run strong, be well… Cheers,