Ohhhhh my these are my new favourite muffin!! And hubby’s new favourite – and soon to be your new favourite 😉 Seriously though, it’s hard to stop at just at just one! Needless to say, these will be solidly worked into my snack lineup along with my staple Power Cookies, trail mix and green smoothies. They would also make a great breakfast muffin, for anyone looking for a breakfast on the go!
Makes 12 full size muffins.
- 1 can [398ml / 14oz] pineapple chunks, in their own juice (do not drain)
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 2 Tbsp chia seeds
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 cup oat flour (ground rolled oats)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup instant rolled oats
- ½ cup hemp hearts
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- ½ cup raisins or chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350. Line a muffin pan with 12 parchment paper muffin cups.
- Puree 1 can of pineapple chunks with juice in a blender (makes ~1½ cups of puree).
- Pour the pureed pineapple into a large bowl and mix in the shredded carrot, chia seeds, maple syrup, honey, coconut oil, vanilla and salt.
- Fold in the oat flour and baking powder. Add the rolled oats, hemp hearts, pumpkin seeds, nuts, and raisins or chocolate chips.
- Bake for 35 minutes. Let cool completely. Store in fridge if they will be around longer than 24 hours – store in freezer if they will be around longer than 3 days.
To deliciously healthy food and stronger faster running… Cheers,
Sarah J Cuff, RHN