I drink matcha tea every single day. But that doesn’t stop me from looking for ways to sneak more matcha in here and there in baking as well! And it just so turns out that matcha works really, really well in donuts. Healthy treats are my favourite 🙂
Makes 36 mini donuts.
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup almond (or coconut) milk
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup ground oats (oat flour)
- 2 Tbsp matcha green tea powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp sea salt
Matcha Icing (ices about 9-12 donuts)
- 6 Tbsp coconut butter (or coconut mana)
- 3 Tbsp honey and/or maple syrup
- 1 tsp matcha green tea powder
- few tsp of almond milk (until mixture is smooth and creamy)
- Heat oven to 350. Grease a donut pan with coconut oil. (Alternatively, you could line a mini muffin tin with mini muffin cups.)
- In a medium bowl, beat 2 eggs. Whisk in almond milk, honey, maple syrup, coconut oil and vanilla.
- Stir in ground oats, matcha, baking powder and salt.
- Pour batter into each mini donut hole until 7/8ths full.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Cool, and turn upside down – donuts will pop out of the pan.
- Wipe the donut pan clean with a paper towel, and repeat.
- For the glazes, whisk the ingredients together over very low heat and drizzle over donuts. Store in fridge.
To deliciously healthy food and stronger faster running… Cheers,
Sarah J Cuff, RHN