This is a favourite of mine – either as a brunch or quick dinner… So yum!
While I recognize as a nutritionist that eggs don’t work for everyone -for those who can / do eat eggs, they are often a convenient go-to option to have and this frittata is a really tasty way to whip them up.
Makes 4 servings.
- 1-2 Tbsp virgin coconut oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 zucchini, chopped in half coins
- 1 broccoli stalk, in floretes
- 1 handful fresh parsley, finely chopped (or 2 Tbsp dried parsley)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- dash of fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 2-3 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 6 organic eggs
- 2 organic grass-fed bison sausages, sautéed and crumbled (optional)
- Heat oven to 350. Grease a 9-inch pie pan with coconut oil.
- In a large skillet or fry-pan, heat the coconut oil.
- Saute the onion, zucchini and broccoli until soft. Add the parsley, salt, pepper, and nutritional yeast. Saute 2 minutes longer.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs together.
- Pour a small amount of egg into the greased pie plate. Spoon the sautéed veggies into the pie plate on top of the egg. If using, layer the sautéed sausage over the veggies. Finally, pour the remainder of the egg evenly over the veggies.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Finish by broiling for 3 minutes. Serve immediately.
Eat clean, run strong, be well… Cheers,
Sarah J Cuff, RHN