When hubby requested a white cream sauce type pasta dish I initially thought oh no way, there’s no way I can do an ‘Eat 2 Run’ version of this dish. But then I remembered that coconut milk is pretty much magic (yay!) – so I agreed to experiment. Experiment was a total success – I can’t believe how decadent this dish tasted!! Note – it’s very void of veggies. Normally I’m a huge advocate of including a leafy green + another green veggie + a red or orange veggie + a white or yellow veggie (this dish has only a leafy green and a white – parsley and onion/garlic) Please eat a side salad before or alongside it! 😛
Makes 4 servings.
- ½ package (4 servings) fettuccine pasta (fresh pasta or GF brown rice pasta)
- 2 Tbsp grass fed butter OR coconut oil
- ½ onion, minced (finely)
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed OR 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 bunch fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 can (400ml) full fat coconut milk
- ¼ cup grated fresh grass fed parmesan cheese OR nutritional yeast
- Bring a large pot of water to boil and cook the pasta according to package directions.
- In a large skillet, heat the butter over medium high heat. When melted, sauté the onion and garlic for a few minutes.
- Add the sea salt and half the parsley, sauté another minute.
- Whisk in the coconut milk and whisk/heat until smooth.
- Fold in the parmesan cheese (or nutritional yeast).
- Stir the sauce into the drained noodles.
- Serve with fresh parsley sprinkled over it.
To deliciously healthy food and stronger faster running… Cheers,
Sarah J Cuff, RHN