This smoothie bowl was a near daily staple for me as I attempted to follow the 10-day fat-loading protocol last month in prep for my Seawheeze half marathon. In fact I enjoyed it so much I now incorporate it into my weekly nutrition plan! I must add, the fat-loading totally worked – although initially skeptical, I ended up running my strongest and fastest half-marathon ever! Fat-loading is definitely something I’ll now be doing before any future half and full marathons.
Makes 1 serving.
- ½ cup full fat coconut milk
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1 Tbsp hemp hearts
- 1 heaping Tbsp almond butter
- 2/3 to 1 full scoop of Vega Sport Mocha Protein Powder
- 1 Tbsp raw cacao powder
- 6-8 ice cubes
- Toss all ingredients into Vitamix or other high-powered blender.
- Blend on high until fully mixed (add more or less ice cubes to reach desired thickness).
- Spoon into a bowl and top with unsweetened coconut, cacao nibs, walnuts and enjoy!
Train Smart, Rest Well and Race Strong…and Run Happy!