I’ll admit it – I’m in my off season. So although I’m still following the “eat2run” guidelines… I might not be doing so as ‘hardcore’ as when I’m in full on training mode. So no, there’s no tart cherry juice in this post-run recovery shake (however, I did drink a glass separately later haha!) – but there is the yummy superfood CACAO in there! Anyway, WOW this shake tastes like the delicious creamy chocolate milk shakes I remember from 20 years ago… Only better 😉 Give it a try for a special post-run treat!
Makes 2 servings
- 2 cups of chocolate or vanilla almond or organic soy or coconut milk
- 2 frozen bananas
- 4 large or 6-8 mini pitted dates
- 6 ice cubes
- 4 heaping Tbsp of hemp protein powder (such as Ergogenics or Manitoba Hemp Harvest) (or use hemp hearts)
- 2 heaping Tbsp raw cacao powder
- 2 heaping Tbsp organic peanut butter (or use almond butter)
- 1 tsp maca powder (optional)
Blend all ingredients together on high until smooth. Serve immediately.
To deliciously healthy food and stronger faster running… Cheers,
Sarah J Cuff, RHN