When presented a bag of coconut flour, I shoved it into the fridge, uncertain of how to use it. And there it sat… For months! I came across it the other day and figured why don’t I try using it?! And so this bread was created – a savoury bread that worked perfectly for open-faced egg salad sandwiches. For anyone wishing for a gluten-free, paleo bread… This does the trick!
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup grated carrot
- ½ cup coconut oil (or grass-fed butter), melted
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp ginger
- ¼ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Heat oven to 350. Line a 9x5x3 loaf pan with parchment paper (oil any exposed sides if necessary).
- In a large bowl, mix the eggs, carrot, coconut oil, lemon juice, salt and ginger.
- Fold in the shredded coconut, coconut flour and baking powder.
- Place the batter in the lined loaf pan and smooth.
- Bake for 40 minutes. Let cool completely before cutting. Store in fridge for up to 5 days (or longer in the freezer).
For the egg salad mix, I boiled 2 eggs and mashed them together with a quarter of an avocado, a tablespoon of olive oil, a teaspoon of mustard, and a dash each of sea salt, fresh cracked black pepper and turmeric. Delish 🙂
To deliciously healthy food and stronger faster running… Cheers,
Sarah J Cuff, RHN