My husband loves rice or pasta dishes with sauces – and this one is a really fast and easy one to throw together! It’s too heavy for the day before a long run or a race (due to the full fat coconut milk and the red meat) but it works really well any other night! If you can’t find bison or elk, do be sure to source out true grass fed AND grass finished beef (which is higher in anti-inflammatory omega-3 fatty acids / lower in omega-6 fatty acids than other conventional or just ‘grass fed’ beef).
Makes 4 servings.
- ½ bag of rice noodles (8oz); or 1 cup dry rice
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 large carrots, peeled and sliced into coins
- 5 ounces arugula (or spinach)
- 1 lbground bison (or elk or grass fed beef)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ½-1 tsp garlic powder (optional)
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp turmeric
- dash offresh ground pepper
- 2 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 can (400ml) full fat coconut milk
- Put noodles or rice to cook, according to package directions.
- In a large skillet, heat the coconut oil over med-high heat.
- Add the onion, celeryand carrots; sauté until onion is transparent. Add the arugula and continuesautéeinguntil wilted.
- Add the bison and sauté until cooked through (no longer pink).
- Add the salt, garlic, paprika, turmeric, black pepper and nutritional yeast and mix through.
- Pour the coconut milk over everything and stir until heated through.
- Serve over the noodles or rice.
To deliciously healthy food and stronger faster running… Cheers,
Sarah Cuff, RHN