Sometimes I play around with a recipe again and again and again… Each time thinking this is it – I’ve got it! When all of a sudden I make one more change and BOOM, I know I’ll never play around with it again. THIS is one of those recipes – using almond butter which is rich in vitamin E and hemp hearts rich in omega-3 fatty acids – it’s the perfect healthy treat / snack for a runner!
Makes 24 cookies.
- 2 eggs, beaten (OR 1 Tbsp chia seeds whisked together with 3 Tbsp almond milk)
- ½ cup pure almond butter
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil
- ¼ cup honey (OR brown rice syrup or coconut nectar)
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ cup hemp hearts
- 2 cups ground oats (oat flour)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ to ½ cup dark chocolate chips, optional
- 24 whole almonds
- Heat oven to 350. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together the eggs, almond butter, oil, honey, maple syrup and vanilla.
- Fold in the hemp hearts, ground oats, baking powder and sea salt. Add chocolate chips if using.
- Drop by tablespoon full onto a lined baking sheet (makes 24 cookies). Press one almond into the top of each cookie.
- Bake for 11-14 minutes, until golden brown on bottoms.
Nutrition Info (per 2 cookies): Calories: 218 | Carbs: 23g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 12g
Enjoy! Eat clean, run strong, be well… Cheers,
Sarah J Cuff, RHN
I made these cookies this morning! Delicious!! Such an easy recipe to make also! I’ll have to share it with others looking for gluten free options, Thanks!
Way too long since I made my last batch of these cookies! 30+ cookies baking in the oven right now! My daughter loved them (couldn’t get enough)!
Yay! Yum – so glad you and your daughter love them so much 🙂
Can you suggest a substitute for Oat flour …wondering if you have altered recipe for your Fat load 8-10 day period?
I need a low carb option and wondered about subbing with almond flour (maybe it would need to be less quantity?) or if you would suggest another flour that might work?
If not, I’ll experiment with the hopes they taste as delicious as your original recipe. Thanks
Oh I wouldn’t bother with the cookies at all for fat-loading (way too much would need to change), instead use Fat Bombs!! That would be the LCHF alternative for sure 🙂
Excellent, thank you so much!