Yep, really – chocolate quinoa cupcakes. And they’re YUMMY 🙂
Took a couple tries to get it right, as using real cooked quinoa in place of a flour is a bit tricky. But got it! So here they are.
Now, I iced one of the batches for a birthday – that was a decadent treat. However, icing not required 😉
- 4 eggs, beaten
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ½ cup honey
- ½ cup raw sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ⅔ cup quinoa, cooked in ⅔ cup water
- 1 cup cocoa
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- Put quinoa on to cook (bring to boil, put lid on, simmer 15 minutes).
- Heat oven to 350.
- Line a 12-muffin tin with muffin cups (or 2 mini-muffin tins).
- Combine all 9 ingredients in a food processor.
- Divide batter evenly between muffin cups.
- Cook regular-sized cupcakes for 25 minutes or mini cupcakes for 15 minutes.
Makes 12 regular sized or 24 mini cupcakes.