Your Guide to Running Stronger & Faster
Welcome to Eat 2 Run Sports Nutrition!
I’m here to help you figure out what and how to eat for energy, running performance, injury-prevention and racing weight. You’ll find tips, strategies and the latest in nutrition research here, as well as yummy recipes to help you build a stronger body and run faster.
Food is a powerful tool we can use to help us run healthy, happy and at our best!
Sarah J Cuff founded Eat 2 Run Sports Nutrition after personally experiencing how profoundly the right nutrition strategy can positively affect training and race day performance.
After 9 marathon attempts to break 4 hours she discovered the power of ‘eating 2 run’, ran a 3:33 marathon four months later and has never looked back.
Since that day she took over 25 minutes off her marathon time and BQ’d, she’s dedicated herself full-time to helping others learn how to ‘eat 2 run’!
And I’m here to help you reach your running potential!
As Eat 2 Run founder, holistic sports nutritionist, and running coach, I get really excited about helping others reach their running goals because I have personally experienced just how profoundly the right nutrition strategy can positively affect race day performance.
I’d like nothing more than to help you realize your running potential too! Let me explain…
Eating 2 Run is about providing your body with whole, natural and delicious foods while supporting the systems of your body that work to recover from the repetitive stress of running.
Maybe you are constantly sidelined by injury or illness. Or super frustrated that despite all the running you’re doing, you just can’t reach your racing weight. Or maybe, like I did, you want to break a certain time barrier, get a personal best or qualify for Boston.
If you want it… If you really want it… You can have it. That’s where I come in!
For the love of food and running I specialize in sports nutrition for runners. I love to race all distances, but the marathon is my favourite. I’ve combined my natural nutrition and sports exercise studies (and past experience as a personal trainer) with my passion for running… And in doing so I offer you a unique perspective on what it takes to build a healthy and resilient body capable of running strong and achieving your dream race performance.
My focus on “eating 2 run” grew from my belief that proper nutrition is a key component in running stronger, reducing injury risk by building a strong, healthy body, and obtaining better race times. After nine years of “running to eat”, I began “eating to run”. Four months later, I ran a 3:33:24 marathon (May 2012, Vancouver BMO Marathon), shaving nearly 25 minutes off my previous personal best and achieving my long standing goal of qualifying for Boston. Later that same year, I ran a 1:36:25 half-marathon, over 12 minutes faster than any half-marathon I’d run the previous 9 years. You could say I’m hooked… I’ll be eating to run for always!
I share my love of running with my amazing husband and we have a few non-running furkids (Sparkle, Sunshine & Daisy). I’ve now run 21 marathons (with a current PB of 3:30:31) a few ultras (55k, 50-miler, 24-hr run and a 100 miler) and countless half’s, 10’s, 8’s & 5k’s since I began running 14 years ago. While my long-term goal is to still be running strong at 100 years old, my current focus is training for a sub-3:21 marathon. You can read more about my personal running journey on my blog For the Love of Running.
Really… I mostly run, eat and sleep. Repeat.
- Canadian School of Natural Nutrition, registered holistic nutritionist designation, 2012
- Can Fit Pro, certified personal trainer certification, 2008
- University of Ottawa, bachelor of social sciences diploma, 2007
Formal Biography | Sarah J Cuff, R.H.N.
Sarah is a registered holistic nutritionist and founder of Eat 2 Run Sports Nutrition with over 14 years of experience coaching clients in fitness, nutrition and running. She is also the Better Bodies Studio resident sports nutritionist and Instructor of Sports Nutrition at the Canadian School of Natural Nutrition in Vancouver, BC.
Specializing specifically in sports nutrition for runners over the past 5 years, Sarah designs personalized dietary programs to help clients reach their goals, improve their running performance and achieve optimal health. She also regularly gives talks and seminars in the community and educates runners through her Eat 2 Run Stronger and Eat 2 Run Faster workshops, as well as her KickStart Cleanse digital program.
Sarah was educated at the Canadian School of Natural Nutrition and through canfitpro Canadian Fitness Professionals. She also received a BA from the University of Ottawa.
As a passionate runner, Sarah has completed 20 marathons with a current PB of 3:30:31, a handful of ultra-marathons including a 100-miler, as well as many more half-marathons, 10k’s, 8k’s and 5k’s over 14 years of running. She lives and trains with her husband and furkids in Vancouver, BC.
Mission and Strategies
Eat 2 Run’s mission is to empower and coach runners through nutritional strategies that enable them to reach their running potential and attain optimal health.
Through individualized nutritional strategies, Eat 2 Run helps runners to:
- Reach performance goals (gain speed, strength and endurance)
- Avoid injury and illness (or speed healing if currently injured or sick)
- Enhance muscle recovery (ability to train more often with less fatigue)
- Attain ideal athletic training weight (ideal body fat composition) and racing weight
The Eat 2 Run philosophy that guides key nutritional strategies is simple and refreshing: provide your body with whole, natural and delicious foods while supporting the systems of your body that are under stress from training and you will be rewarded with health, energy, and optimal performance.
Nutritional strategies include:
- Ensuring correct amount and types of carbohydrates are consumed, balanced with the hours per week of training;
- Balancing carbohydrates with the correct amounts and types of proteins and fats;
- Nutrient timing;
- Inclusion of appropriate ‘super foods’;
- Adoption of an ‘anti-inflammatory’ diet;
- Reducing or eliminating foods that are counterproductive to the athletes’ goals;
- Correcting any imbalances that impede the athletes ability to train (ie. irritable bowel syndrome, low energy, chronic fatigue)’
- If required, tailoring nutrition program to suit vegan or vegetarian requirements;
- If required, tailoring nutrition program to suit gluten-free, dairy-free, nut-free legume-free, or grain-free requirements;
- Ensuring adequate intake of vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients (primarily if not completely through whole food sources);
- Determining the need, if any, for nutritional supplementation;
- Establishing nutritional strategies that not only enhance running performance but also promote overall longevity, health and well-being.
While the primary method of supporting the athlete is through individualized nutritional planning, Eat 2 Run ensures all key areas necessary for reaching goals are considered.
Key Areas of Focus for Optimal Performance
- Smart Training
- Excellent Nutrition
- Good Sleep
- Strength Exercises
Eat 2 Run Recommended Sports Supplement
Eat 2 Run Recommended Beverages
Eat 2 Run Recommended Foods:
Eat 2 Run Recommended Protein Powders & Other Sports Supplements
Eat 2 Run Recommended Health & Fitness Companies
Body Energy Club also offers the widest selection of natural health sports supplements and products at the lowest possible price for sale online – ensuring that healthy lifestyle choices are available and affordable for everyone.