I’ve been playing around with various versions of this recipe for some time now… But this is IT. Seriously. Last week I ate 2 (along with a Matche Latte) and then went out and smashed my speed workout. It was amazing. I’m attributing that success solely to Power Cookies. And matcha. And my dinner the night before. And my awesome pacer… And my great coach… Okay, you get the point. Power cookies are but one piece of the puzzle to a strong run 😉
Power Cookies (makes 24)
- 1 egg, beaten (or use 2 Tbsp chia whisked into ¼ cup almond milk)
- ½ cup applesauce (or use 1 mashed banana ~½ cup)
- ¼ cup almond butter
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup honey (or brown rice syrup, optional for a less sweet cookie)
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 2 cups instant (or old fashioned) rolled oats
- 1 cup ground rolled oats (oat flour)
- ½ cup hemp hearts
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup dried tart cherries (or cranberries or raisons) – optional
- ¼ cup cacao nibs or dark chocolate chips – optional
- Heat oven to 350. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, beat together the egg, applesauce, almond butter, maple syrup, honey if using, coconut oil, vanilla and salt.
- Add the oats, ground oats, pumpkin seeds, hemp hearts, and if using – dried fruit and/or chocolate. Mix well. Drop by spoonful onto the cookie sheet. Use back of spoon to flatten cookie.
- Bake for 14 minutes, just until lightly golden.
- Store in a sealed container – in fridge to last longer. Freezes well.
Eat clean, run strong, be well… Cheers,